Ready to wake up every day and want to go to work?
We’re being completely serious!
Events Manager Job Description
More than a professional network. More than a social scene. Business Chicks is a powerful, connected movement of women around the world, brought together by a shared passion for our work, vision for the future and respect for each other.
We know that together, we’re capable of much more than we could do alone. So whether it’s through engaging content, events or experiences, we want to create connections that count for you.
About the Role
As our Events Manager, you’ll be responsible for producing and executing on a wide range of events throughout the year. You’ll work closely with the Senior Events Manager to develop a profitable and relevant event strategy – ensuring our events continue to innovate and engage our community. You will work towards a set annual budget, and be equally focused on delivering a world-class experience to our members, as well as ensuring all our events remain profitable. You will be required to travel interstate regularly, and would love nothing more than developing and nurturing new and existing relationships with venues, suppliers, and speaker talent, as well as our members and community.
You’ll thrive under the challenge of working across multiple events at the same time, you’re super organized (and hopefully love a to-do list and excel spreadsheets), and enjoy collaborating as much as working autonomously where required. You thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines – leading, inspiring and engaging all stakeholders along the way.
The Role itself:
• Support the Senior Events Managers and Head of Events to develop and produce a range of events throughout the year including accountability for the net profit targets and sales strategy
• Event project management: manage high level events from conception to reconciliation, including all planning elements (pre-event planning, management of budget, execution onsite including management of staff, presentation of final cost analysis)
• Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on your events
• Maintain and develop relationships with clients, suppliers, emcees and partners
• Manage speaker relationships – existing and new – and secure speaker deals and tours
• Manage BEO’s, AV, run-sheet and venue staging for all events, and support with styling, budgets and deliverables
• Manage and coordinate event logistics, including venue and supplier negotiation/bookings, planning, team coordination, budgets
• Manage the production and execution of all event projects including our annual Movers & Breakers conference and annual 9 to Thrive exhibition
• Manage speaker requirements such as travel, itineraries, briefings and gifts
• Interstate travel and event management on-site at events including speaker management, venue liaising, AV operation, management of events team and crew
• Research and evaluate new event opportunities including online events, webinars and new event products
• Financial reporting on all event figures and P&L to Leadership team
• Active participation in the forecasting for the annual events budget
• Work closely with the Partnerships team to deliver partner requirements
• Event design and theming
Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years experience in an Event Management role
• Ability to think strategically and execute quality output under tight deadlines
• Proven experience managing multiple events simultaneously including budget responsibility
• Solutions orientated and ability to ‘think on your feet’
• Strong project management and time management skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to confidently manage an event end-to-end, ranging in size from 100 to 3,000 attendees
• Broad knowledge base of suppliers/venues and AV operation across Australia
• Flexibility to work after hours at events and travel interstate regularly
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new situations, structure and needs
• Strategic thinker, ability to respond to short deadlines, operate independently and effectively
• Commercially savvy – understands the importance of profitability
• Team player who’s interested in building culture and making Business Chicks the best place on the planet to work
Get in touch by sending through your CV, salary expectations, and the reason why you should be our next hire to Amber