We’re bringing thousands of women (and men!) together to celebrate one of the most important dates on our calendar – International Women’s Day.
Business Chicks hosts the most coveted International Women’s Day events across Australia, and for the first time, we’re uniting in Perth.
With this year’s theme as #EachForEqual, we recognise each one of us has the power to shape a gender equal world.
Over breakfast, you’ll hear from three women who have fundamentally changed the world we live in; each one lifting all of us up to live in a more equal society.
- Susan Alberti AC: Over her lifetime, Susan has had three main dreams (all of which she has been instrumental in assisting). The first was to see her beloved Bulldogs AFL team win a premiership, for women to play AFL, and only one remains – to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. Following advice from her late daughter, Danielle, a type 1 diabetes sufferer, Susan established the Susan Alberti Medical Research Foundation with the aim of curing type 1 diabetes. In 30 years, Susan has raised over $200 million towards medical research.
- Rabia Siddique: Rabia is an international humanitarian lawyer, retired British Army senior officer, former war crimes and terrorism prosecutor and hostage survivor. After surviving a hostage crisis in Iraq, Rabia sued the British Government for discrimination, which they attempted to cover-up. Her landmark case made international headlines and saw many other women follow in her footsteps, causing profound changes to defence and public policy.
- Amna Karra-Hassan: Amna is the founder of the first ever AFL Women’s team in Western Sydney, which she did against the odds with no funding, no coach and no experience. She is widely recognised for her courage in facing adversity and is now a leading figure to change the conversation on intersectionality, inclusion and gender parity.
To celebrate and show your solidarity for such an important day, we’d love you to join us. Bring your best friend, mum or daughter, work wife, team, or a woman who has changed your life.
Gold table inclusions:
- Premium table positioning
- Corporate table signage
- Every attendee to receive a speaker’s book
- Priority Check-In
- Every attendee to receive a special gift
- Logo on screen (including other Gold Table logos)