We’re bringing thousands of women (and men!) together to celebrate one of the most important dates on our calendar – International Women’s Day.
Business Chicks hosts the most coveted International Women’s Day events across Australia and we’re so excited to be uniting in Sydney for another year.
With this year’s theme as #EachForEqual, we recognise each one of us has the power to shape a gender equal world.
Over lunch, you’ll hear from three women who have fundamentally changed the world we live in; each one lifting all of us up to live in a more equal society.
- Rebecca Poulson: Rebecca is a family violence survivor, advocate and activist, author, and has been credited by the NSW Premier as directly changing domestic violence laws across the state. On Rebecca’s 33rd birthday, her father, niece and nephew were murdered by Rebecca’s brother-in-law; the children’s father. Narrowing escape death, as well, Rebecca’s fiancé abused her for years before trying to kill her. Refusing to be defined by these traumas, Rebecca is telling her story of remarkable strength and saving lives.
- Susan Alberti AC: Over her lifetime, Susan has had three main dreams (all of which she has been instrumental in assisting). The first was to see her beloved Bulldogs AFL team win a premiership, for women to play AFL, and only one remains – to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. Following advice from her late daughter, Danielle, a type 1 diabetes sufferer, Susan established the Susan Alberti Medical Research Foundation with the aim of curing type 1 diabetes. In 30 years, Susan has raised over $200 million towards medical research.
- Fiori Giovanni: At the age of 12, Fiori had her marriage arranged, at 14 she was recruited to the Eritrean army, and at 15 made the agonising decision to escape the war and leave her family in search for a life in a free country. Now, Fiori is a certified business coach, business owner, and best-selling author. She’s ready to tell her story on turning from being a child soldier to successful businesswoman.
To celebrate and show your solidarity for such an important day, we’d love you to join us. Bring your best friend, mum or daughter, work wife, team, or a woman who has changed your life.
Gold table inclusions:
- Premium table positioning
- Corporate table signage
- Every attendee to receive a speaker’s book
- Priority Check-In
- Every attendee to receive a special gift
- Logo on screen (including other Gold Table logos)
PROUDLY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH